YouTube Shorts, a feature like TikTok for short video clips, has been in trend for two years. Now, it’s about to flip the switch to make money from that content and share it with the people who made it. YouTube Shorts creators can apply to be part of the platform’s revenue-sharing program for earning if they have at least 1,000 subscribers and ten million Shorts views in the past three months.
YouTube also launched a new way for creators to permit music for their videos and still get paid for views through the ad-revenue sharing program. In the last 3 years, YouTube has given more than $30 billion to its creators.
In this article, we’ll show you what you need to do to use YouTube shorts to make money for your YouTube channel.
How to make Youtube shorts for Earning:
To make a Short, you can record and edit immediately within the YouTube app (just like TikTok), or you can film and edit somewhere else and post to YouTube if that’s more your style. They will then live on the Shorts shelf on the homepage of YouTube.
In concept, you can do earning money from your first youtube shorts if you match the eligibility requirements.
- You have a channel on YouTube.
- You posted a Short during the previous six months.
- Your work respects YouTube’s community guidelines.
- Your videos are considered original content.
You need to promote your YouTube Shorts video if you want it to go viral. Here are some ways to get your video viewed:
- Share your video on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and send your video to family and friends by email.
- Add your video to websites and blogs.
- Make an interesting thumbnail for your video.
- Use keywords and tags to make your video easier for people to find.
Furthermore, you can make money in a few ways with YouTube Shorts. If you want to know them Let’s dive in:
1. Youtube Shorts Creator Fund:
The $100 million Shorts Fund is one way for people to make money from YouTube Shorts. YouTube stated that this would happen in 2021, and the site has promised to give creators a monthly “bonus” that comes straight from this money fund. The bonuses can be varied, but the exact amount depends on how well you did in Shorts the month before.
As soon as you meet those requirements mentioned above, you have a chance to get a Shorts reward. If you’re chosen, YouTube will contact you within the first week of the month. Many creators have been making successful Shorts for a while now, so they are in a great position to make money with this new chance. YouTube has made it possible for creators to qualify by putting in place some steps.
2. Ad Revenue from Youtube:
Today, YouTube Shorts are not part of the platform’s official way to make money. As a Shorts creator, you can’t join the Youtube Partner Program unless you have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours from people who have watched your long-form videos. And, as a result, there is no way to make money from ads on short, vertical content.
However, By joining the YPP this way, you can make money from ads on shorts, and interesting videos. You’ll also have access to more ways to make money.
Like most YouTube income, Shorts will be based on a model where people share the money they make. Creators will get around 45% of the advertising money their content brings in. This is a slight reduction from the usual 55%, but it’s still a lot better than getting nothing.
3. Brand Sponsorships:
The YouTube Shorts fund isn’t the easiest thing. There are thousands of creators trying to win the monthly bonus, and most of them have Shorts that millions of people watch.
You don’t have to take part in that race. There are other ways to make money off of YouTube Shorts, and brand sponsorships are one of the best. When a brand sponsors you, they pay you to talk about a product or service in one of your videos. That could be a new line of laptops, the newest shoes, or even a carpet cleaner.
To get a brand deal, all you need is the right audience and a strong YouTube resume, not millions of views and subscribers.
Additionally, More than 50% of marketers said they plan to put more money into short-form content than they did in 2021. Brands are excited to work with people who make short videos.
How to Earn from Youtube Shorts (Some Tips)
You should learn how to make money from them. Shorts are great for making money because they are easy to sell. You can do this in a few different ways:
- Use the Adsense program on YouTube. You can then put ads on your videos and get earnings every time someone clicks on them.
- Also, use your videos to sell things. You can use your YouTube Shorts to promote a product or service you want to sell.
- Join YouTube as a partner. This will let you use more features that will help you make money from your channel.
How to Get Youtube Money:
Once you’re invited to the Creator Fund, you’ll have to go get your money. This is how the process works:
- Accept YouTube’s rules and make sure your Google AdSense account is linked.
- Every month, between the 8th to 10th, YouTube will send you an email telling you that you have a Shorts bonus to claim.
- Then, you have until the 25th of that month to claim it. If you don’t, the money is gone!
- Then, from the 21st to the 26th of the following month, your bonus is put into your Google AdSense account.
- After that, the cycle of making things, putting them online, and paying starts all over again.
As long as you publish engaging, entertaining, and original Shorts content, you’ll not only get bonus payouts from the Shorts Fund, but you’ll also be in the best position to make the most money on all your content, with or without help from advertisers and brands.
Furthermore, By using these tips, you can start earning money from your YouTube Shorts. Go out and start making videos! Tell your fellows and family about it so they can also learn how to make money with YouTube Shorts. Do you want to know more about YouTube Shorts? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll be happy to guide you.